Thursday, August 26, 2010

2 months and 2 years

We had a big Dr. visit today for both kiddos. So here are some stats and insights to my life right now with a 2month old and 2year old.


Chloe 25.1 lbs 28%, height 32 in 8%.
Ian 12.5 lbs 77%, height 23 in 61%. He is healthy and growing like crazy.


It has been a hard couple of months, especially this last one. From discovering I can't eat any dairy products, to figuring out how to divide my time/love between two children to bouncing a very fussy baby constantly who refuses to sleep more then a 3 hour stretch at night. It has been exhausting. Part of me can't wait for this stage to pass, but then it also makes me sad he is already 2 months old. It goes by so fast! It is amazing how fast days go by with a newborn, yet not much is getting done. It has been hard for me to learn to overlook the piles of crumbs and dust on the floor, the overflowing laundry basket, and remembering my main job of loving on these two wonderful little kiddos. It is a hard balance to find and I don't have it yet.

It is exhausting but there are plenty of sweet little moments the make my cup runneth over. Ian has really started to laugh and coo. So sweet!! I love it when he looks at me and smiles, his eyes water and he lets out a little laugh.

2 comments:

April said...

so cute! and even though you wrote that almost 2 months ago...isn't it just crazy that already another 2 months have passed, and the things that have already changed!

Unknown said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog. Sarah is 16 months and baby girl #2 is due in 2 months! I have been wondering how I am going to do it all time/love/house work...etc! Thanks for your insight. We will just be taking it one day at a time and enjoying the every minute we can...hopefully! :)