Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bad guys

This story actually starts last Sunday night. The house was quiet and we were all sleeping, when every one was awoke by a loud noise. Bailey starts barking and Jeremy jumps out of bed and grabs a weapon. He and Bailey walk out to the living room and Jeremy looked out the window and saw nothing. He came back to bed and we chalked up the cats wrestling around and thought nothing more. Well the next evening Jeremy is leaving for work and notices the flowers in the flower bed underneath our front window are trampled. He takes a closer look and sees puncture marks in our window screen. He comes back inside to tell me, but decides it is not the time (He was leaving that night and I would have been a wreck!) and instead checks all the windows and tells me to make sure things are locked up tight. When He gets home the next morning he tells me. It looks like they took a screwdriver or something like that and tried to pry the window up and out to bypass the lock ( I thank God we got new windows with awesome locks 2 years ago). So the noise we heard was the bad guys hitting the window with their tool. I am freaked! Why would someone break into our house at night when it is pretty obvious someone is home? Not to mention we have a lighted ADT sign right next to that window and an ADT sticker on that window. My mind is going crazy, and I am convincing Jeremy we are moving. We file a police report and the officer is over at our house soon after. The officer suggests some motion lights but says there is not much else we can do to protect our house. He also assures us that they were probably checking the window for easy access at night when nobody can see them, then they would come back in the day light to the preselected houses. In his many years of experience in this city there has only been one reported instance of a night break in and it was between two druggies. I guess that comforted me. It is hard not to let the fear take over, and that is what I am praying constantly. But I am very thankful nothing happened, the window held up, we have ADT, Bailey barked and that Jeremy was home that night. God worked it all together and we are safe.

2 comments:

April said...

wow, so super scary. I'm sorry! I truly can't even imagine going through something like that.

worse comes to worse please know you have a place to stay at my house!

Sarah said...

Thanks April! I am glad you back home safe and sound. I missed your comments, so thank you.