Sunday, September 7, 2008

I survived!

Chloe and I made it through 2 nights and 4 days (well not full days) without Jeremy. Everything went well the first day until Chloe decided she wanted to eat every 2 hours during the night. Not too bad though, just made for a tired mommy the next day, but I still managed to get a bit of house work done. Jeremy was home late that evening to give us a little break. The next morning I dropped Jeremy off at the airport. I arrived home only to find that Bailey had eaten about 2 pounds of grapes that I had just washed and left sitting in the sink to drain. I called the vet and they said to get bailey there asap so they could induce vomiting. So I load Chloe and Bailey into the car and speed off to the vet. Figuring out how to keep bailey under control while carrying Chloe into the vet was interesting, but we made it. They wanted to keep bailey there for a few hours to control the mess and keep an eye on her. Since our vet is about 35 minutes away from our house I decided it wouldn't be worth it to drive back home, so Chloe and I decided to do a bit of shopping to waste time while Bailey was at the vet. All said and done, Bailey is going to be fine. She got all the grapes out of her system in time. Chloe did great out and about and I survived all my firsts involved with running around alone with a new born. Unfortunately that night Chloe decided she didn't want to sleep. After 2 1/2 hours of fussiness she fell asleep around 12:30am. She made up for it with a 5 hour stretch of sleep. That was our crazy day while Jeremy was at work. oh and to make it even better , during all of this Jeremy was sleeping for 10hours in his hotel.

No comments: