Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The night before


A year ago today was the night before Chloe was born was an interesting one to say the least. Now I can laugh about it but that night I was really upset. My parents arrived around my due date and spent the week waiting with us for Chloe to arrive. Well the night before I was to be induced my dad took some belly pictures for me. I wanted my wedding ring on for the photos, mind you I hadn't put my ring on in months as my finger were so swollen. I guess there is no reasoning with a very pregnant and overdue woman because I am not sure how I was thinking I was going to get the ring off as I had to shove it on. After many hours of trying to get the ring off we ended up in the emergency room. As Jeremy and I walked into the emergency room every one kept pointing me upstairs to delivery. I just cried and held out my hand. The were able to cut my ring off, but weren't too gentle so I left crying harder with a small bag in hand containing my ring in 3 pieces and many of the small diamonds from the band that had fallen off. I was an emotional mess convinced they would not be able to fix my ring. And that was how I spent the night before Chloe was born. Here are some of the shots and after it all you barely notice my ring.






And of course they fixed my ring, there is a little flaw but it is a sweet reminder of what was about to happen in our life!















2 comments:

mosey said...

I had to have my rings cut off with Jaden too... I UNDERSTAND!! Isn't it cool though to think of all that can happen in our lives and look at our rings and remember that no matter what comes our way, even when it seems impossible our marriage can stand the hardest tests and still be a thing of beauty, even like a slightly flawed ring. (which I've come to decide is an even better symbol because we are flawed too!) haha!

April said...

ohh this makes me want to cry!, in a good way of course. Chloe has a permanent imprint on your life, and their is just one of many ways she has shown it! and since i am a ring person, i do notice the rings! i can't believe the 1 year mark is almost here!